Tuesday, September 1, 2009
moment of mindfulness...gratitude
Focusing on gratitude always seems to shift more than just my attitude. It softens my heart and broadens my awareness. It moves mountains. It opens doors that I never knew existed.
As I find even the very smallest things to be grateful for, like…
* wearing wool socks on a very chilly morning as we practice Qigong on dew covered grass
* the chimes ringing at the nearby chapel that bring my awareness back to the present when I’m really struggling to stay there
* the good food that I am able to harvest from my garden to feed my family right now
* my parents being here to share their love with Jude
* the tiny seedlings that promise to feed my family into fall and hopefully winter
* an osprey’s call reminding me to look up
* the stories that jude makes up that me smile
* finding volunteer Chinese cabbage and mustard in my garden
* flowers that promise to bloom into fall
As I focus on these small things that I am grateful for, I find the world shifting back to a place of peace, joy and abundance.
Inspiration flows freely.
And I find there is even more to be grateful for, an endless cycle of
what fills you with gratitude in these waning days of summer?